Question : Acrobat Crash with error - 0x2d828acd" referenced memory at "0x00000008"

Exact Error Text:  The instruction at "0x2d828acd" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".

I'm looking for potential cause of this error in my particular context.  

I've seen this error code complained of in various and seeminly unrelated contexts when the above address is "googled".

Here is my context:

A PDF file with:
  - many form fields (200+)
  - many layers (50, 100, or 200)
  - many long arrays (say 500K of javascript to define them)
  - a trivial amount of data is written to arrays, mostly data reads from the arrays

The Problem:
  -  After operating the document with several button clicks, the above error ensues and the application dies and must be closed.
  -  THE crash happens after several scripts (sometimes many, sometimes a few) have executed, and these scripts
     always involve the HIDING AND SHOWING OF LAYERS USING JAVASCRIPT AND LAYER RELATED DATA FROM USER DEFINED ARRAYS.

Facts:  
  -  we have similar files with 700K of arrays, with may form fields, but no layers - they do not crash.
  -  we have similar files with very small arrays and say 50 layers and many form fields -  they do not crash.
  -  It was tempting to say that it was a timing issue, caused by the rapid clicking of multiple buttons executing javascript, but
      testing showed the crash happens eventually even with excessive intervals between button clicks (between execution of
     javascripts).
  -  The identical problem happens both in Acrobat Professional, Standard and Reader versions 6 and 7.  The crash happens
     later in Reader than in the Full Acrobat.  Both local and browser crash.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Answer : Acrobat Crash with error - 0x2d828acd" referenced memory at "0x00000008"

Do you have any 3rd party plug-ins installed? If not, then you found a bug in Acrobat. Regardless of what you do in your scripts, Acrobat should not crash. The information from the crash dialog is useless without having access to a debug version of the Acrobat application, or at least a map file and the source code. You can try to contact Adobe, but they usually charge for support (they may refund the money after they verify that it's a bug).
There is not much you can do besides waiting until Acrobat 8 is released and see if that fixes your problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us