Question : Output to file compare-object within powershell

Hello,

I have to files which both contain large lines with letters (sometimes over a 100) without any spaces between them.

With the following powershell command i compare them:

Compare-Object -referenceObject $(Get-Content c:\test2.txt) -differenceObject $(Get-Content c:\test1.txt) > test3.txt

the output is this:

InputObject                                                                                 SideIndicator                                                                              
-----------                                                                                 -------------                                                                              
    iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-66571ff02-b7300003b774947a-cfdc01-2008-12-16-14:... <=                                                                                        
    iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-66571ff02-f3900003b7a4947a-cfdc01.exch.log-2008-... <=                                                                                        

the problem is that the output is cut off. But i need the hole string. Is there away to get the output with out being cutted off and maybe even with out the "sideindicator" and so on.
Preferable one txt file with 2 lines (or more depending ofcourse...)

Thanks!

regards

Answer : Output to file compare-object within powershell

Yes

Compare-Object -referenceObject $(Get-Content c:\test2.txt) -differenceObject $(Get-Content c:\test1.txt) | %{$_.Inputobject} | ft -auto | out-file test3.txt -width 150
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us