Question : need 2 files from xp service pack 1(a?)

pintlgs.imd
shell32.dll

After downloading the service pack, it reported two files as corrupt, pintlgs.imd and shell32.dll, and prompted me to retry or cancel. Before I clicked retry, I copied all of the service pack files into another folder. After the retry, I received the same error. I rebooted and went to Win update again, but it wanted to start all over, since the files (of course) had been deleted. I have 236MB of uncompressed files in my backup folder, and don't want to go through the 75MB+/- download again (39MB and 35MB - I guess I needed more files than most?).

Most of the files from the service pack are dated 8/28/2002 or 8/29/2002, version 5.1.2600.1106.

If you can provide these files, I'll supply an e-mail addy that can take up to 10MB (during the retry, it was slightly less than that, so it should fit if zipped). There are quite a few exe's in the service pack, it may be a trick figuring out which ones to run...

I wish I had 500 pts to offer. ...One more thing of note, during clean installs of the OS, I kept getting the error "cannot copy nikedrv.sys", and I tried installing the OS about 10 times due to various weirdnesses. Everything works this time except when I go into Windows help, run Tools, it won't give me general computer information (nothing lists under categories), and Network Diagnostics reports Internet Explorer web proxy as not configured and everything under Computer Information and Modems and Network Adapters reports WMI Error - Failed. Maybe the service pack will fix this. On other installations of the OS, this stuff worked, but other things didn't.

Answer : need 2 files from xp service pack 1(a?)

Every time I try to send the file it says it's too big.  Even when I put it in a 7.86MB ZIP file.

I take it you have a dial-up connection?  If you have a broadband connection, I would just download the service pack again.

You could also just get a SP1 CD for $10 from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/ordercd.asp
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us