Question : Outlook 2007 Cannot Access Global Address List Using Outlook anywhere on Exchange 2007

I have setup Exchange 2007 with Outlook Anywhere enabled.  I am able to use Outlook internally and see the GAL no problem.  I am able to use outlook web access internally and externally and see the GAL no problem.  I am unable to access the GAL using Outlook Anywhere externally.  I have setup the internal and external URL's on the OAB and OWA.  I am using the exact same profile setup internally as externally.  When I log in externally i can access mail and calendars etc no problem but when I click on the address book I receive an error "the connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable.  Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?  I have been banging my head for hours on this now.  Thanks!

Answer : Outlook 2007 Cannot Access Global Address List Using Outlook anywhere on Exchange 2007

If you have other machines in use that are using cached mode, do they get the Offline Address Book?

Trying to pin down whether it is a problem with OAB generation or publishing, or elsewhere.

-M
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us